The YWCA Utah is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The Lolie Eccles Early Education Center at the YWCA believes in working with families to nurture the healthy development of children and adolescents.
The Lolie Eccles Early Education Center in Salt Lake City is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. NAEYC is a prestigious accreditation that means our program adheres to the highest standards of child care. To learn more about NAEYC and importance of accredited programs, please visit www.naeyc.org.
Provide a warm and nurturing setting that responds to each family’s culture:
• Children are treated as individuals while learning to accept and respect each other’s differences.
• Each child, parent and staff realizes that she/he is part of a community.
• Each and every child will have a better opportunity to develop self-esteem, be appreciated, and respected.
• Through constructive play-based learning each child can become aware of her/his own cognitive skills, language,
social-emotional development, physical development, and creative potential.
• Provide a welcoming and open environment intended to foster open-lines of communication and build partnerships amongst families and staff.
For Greater Salt Lake City area families struggling with half-day kindergarten, our full-day kindergarten program includes before & after school as well as day camps during school closure days. Learn more about our full-day kindergarten program.
Child Health Assessment