Young Women's Council
What: An affinity group within the YWCA’s larger membership that serves YWCA members between the ages of 18 and 35.
Why: To reach out and engage young YWCA members from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, and professions in sisterhood, advocacy, service, leadership, and philanthropic support for the YWCA.
How: Any young woman may join YWCA Utah with membership. Be sure to tell us your age so we can connect you with other young women who are YWCA members.
The purpose of the Council is:
• To develop their own leadership skills, and support the leadership development of other young women;
• To champion the YWCA in their professional and personal circles;
• To create mission-based opportunities for other young YWCA members:
- Sisterhood: activities and events that bring young women together for friendship and mutual support, and strengthen their commitment to the YWCA and its mission – here and around the world.- Service: projects related to the YWCA’s work with women and their families.- Advocacy/public policy: Week Without Violence, Stand Against Racism, and opportunities for advocacy regionally, and nationally.
- Leadership development: learning and networking opportunities through the annual Young Women’s Leadership Summit and other local events and activities; and, potentially, regional and national activities.
- Philanthropy: engaging other young women in financially supporting the YWCA through LeaderLuncheon sponsorships and tickets; Rise & Shine Breakfast; and other fundraising opportunities.
• To advise YWCA staff and other volunteer leadership about the needs, interests, and aspirations of young women who care
Kandice Davis, President