If You are interested in completing your Eagle Scout or Gold Award Project with the YWCA, we have opportunities available for you! Please contact Yen at email@example.com with any questions.
Organize a Donation Drive
Donations are the lifeblood of our organization. We always appreciate time spent raising money or collecting items to benefit the YWCA. Some options include:
- Sponsor a collection drive in your community and collect any items on the YWCA wish list.
- Organize a food drive for our kitchen
- Conduct a fundraiser and then buy movie passes, activity passes, and gift certificates for the after-school and childcare programs
- Hold a baby shower or housewarming party and donate the items to women and children in residence
Host an Activity
Host a one-time activity for the children or mothers living in the residential programs. Come up with your own creative idea, or consider one of those suggested below. Keep in mind that you will need to provide all needed supplies and refreshments. Activities usually begin around 6:00 p.m., following dinner. Some ideas include:
- Monthly birthday parties for all children in residence whose birthdays fall in that month. All residents would be invited (approximately 150). Provide cake, drinks, activities, and decorations.
- Craft nights - Instructions and supplies for adults and/or children to create craft projects. This works especially well for holiday-themed ideas.
- Children's carnivals - games, activities, prizes, and carnival food in the outdoor green space
- Spa night - mani/pedis, facials, hair, makeup, massages, and other indulgences for women residents. In addition, providing supervision and activities for children, so moms can truly relax and enjoy the evening, is greatly appreciated.
Plan Your Own
Have a great idea for a service project to benefit the YWCA? We're flexible! Let us know what you have in mind by contacting Yen at firstname.lastname@example.org.