Stand Against Racism is a signature campaign of YWCA USA to build community among those who work for racial justice and to raise awareness about the negative impact of institutional and structural racism in our communities. Founded by YWCA Trenton and YWCA Princeton in 2007, YWCA Utah took a Stand Against Racism in 2011 and continues to participate annually as part of our mission to eliminate racism.
Order a Stand Against Racism in Utah Decal >
Read Take a Stand Against Racism in response to events in Charlottesville.
YWCA Utah is proud to partner with Racially Just Utah for a spoken word, music, and storytelling event Thursday, June 8 from 6 PM to 9:30 PM at Salt Lake Community College South City Campus.
We want to hear your stories and experiences dealing with race, culture & identity in Utah.
Learn more about this free event.
- Join YWCA USA April 26 at 6:00 p.m. ET for a special Facebook Live event on the United State of Women's Facebook page featuring Alicia Gill of YWCA USA, Brittany Packnett of Teach for America and #BlackWomenAtWork, Dr. Nicole Mason of Center for Research and Policy in the Public Interest and author of Born Bright, and Fatima Goss Graves of the National Women's Law Center.
- Attend an event in your area! (If you have planned an event, but haven't registered, be sure to do so)
- Join our #StandAgainstRacism tweet chat this Friday, April 28 at 3:00 p.m. ET to dialogue with YWCAs, our partners, and other advocates from across the country.
- Sign the Stand Against Racism pledge and encourage everyone you know to do the same. The pledge is a great way to commit yourself to this important cause and demonstrate the size of this great movement 10 years in the making. (Looking for the pledge in Spanish? Read it here as translated by YWCA San Francisco & Marin.)
- Tell your Member of Congress to prioritize women of color by supporting concrete policy solutions.
- Share your event photos, action items, and important information on social media using #StandAgainstRacism. Email photos and recaps of your event to email@example.com as well!
- Check out Interim CEO Casey Harden's interview with Women's eNews Live discussing women of color leadership and this year's campaign.
- Make a tax deductible donation of $10 in honor of Stand Against Racism's 10th anniversary!
- Read the YWCA blog for spotlights on women of color leaders, deep dives into policy solutions that work, and other great Stand Against Racism content.