Stand Against Racism is a signature campaign of YWCA USA to build community among those who work for racial justice and to raise awareness about the negative impact of institutional and structural racism in our communities. Founded by YWCA Trenton and YWCA Princeton in 2007, YWCA Utah took a Stand Against Racism in 2011 and continues to participate annually as part of our mission to eliminate racism.
We stand against racism and hate.
Take a Stand Against Racism - As we come together, here are ways to work for racial justice and women's empowerment:Thursday, April 26, join us for the next event in the Women of Color Conversation Series focusing on Stand Against Racism. Stand Against Racism is a signature campaign of YWCA USA to build community among those who work for racial justice and to raise awareness about the negative impact of institutional and structural racism in our communities. The 2018 Stand Against Racism theme is ‘Our Power, Our Mission, Our Future’ and our panelists will discuss how civic engagement serves as a tool for eliminating racism. This is a free event, but there is limited seating - register now.
Read We Will Not Normalize Racism in response to events in Charlottesville.
YWCA Utah is proud to partner with Racially Just Utah for a spoken word, music, and storytelling event Thursday, June 8 from 6 PM to 9:30 PM at Salt Lake Community College South City Campus.
We want to hear your stories and experiences dealing with race, culture & identity in Utah.
Learn more about this free event.
YWCA Utah staff and friends joined in taking a #StandAgainstRacism by writing names of women of color who have inspired them on this collaborative piece displayed in the Center for Families at the YWCA.
- Tell your Member of Congress to prioritize women of color by supporting concrete policy solutions.
- Share your event photos, action items, and important information on social media using #StandAgainstRacism. Email photos and recaps of your event to email@example.com as well!
- Check out YWCA USA's Interim CEO Casey Harden's interview with Women's eNews Live discussing women of color leadership and this year's campaign.
- Make a tax deductible donation of $10 in honor of Stand Against Racism's 10th anniversary!
- Read the YWCA blog for spotlights on women of color leaders, deep dives into policy solutions that work, and other great Stand Against Racism content.