Please contact YWCA Utah' s volunteer coordinator at 801-537-8601 or email@example.com with any additional questions regarding volunteer opportunities with YWCA Utah.
ORGANIZE A DONATION DRIVE
Donations are the lifeblood of our organization. We always appreciate time spent raising money or collecting items to benefit the YWCA. Some options include:
- Sponsor a collection drive in your community and collect any items on the YWCA wish list.
- Organize a food drive for our kitchen.
- Conduct a fundraiser and then buy movie passes, activity passes and gift certificates for the After School and Child Care.
- Have a baby shower or house warming party and donate the items to women and children in residence.
HOST AN ACTIVITY
Host a one-time activity for the children or mothers living in the residential programs.
Come up with your own creative idea, or consider one of the suggestions below. Keep in mind that you will need to provide all needed supplies and refreshments. Past activities usually begin at about 6:00 p.m., following dinner. Ideas include:
- Craft nights – Instructions and supplies for adults and/or children to create craft projects. This works especially well for holiday-themed items.
- Children’s carnivals – games, activities, prizes, and carnival food in the outdoor green space.
- Spa Night – mani-pedis, facials, hair and makeup, massages, and other indulgences for women residents. In addition, providing supervision and activities for children so moms can truly relax and enjoy the evening is greatly appreciated.
PLAN YOUR OWN
Have a great idea for a service project to benefit the YWCA? We’re flexible! Let us know what you have in mind by contacting Yen at firstname.lastname@example.org.