YWCA Utah & Community Partners Announce New Statewide Resource for Maternal Mental Health
What: A 30-minute press conference announcing the new online resource through the improved statewide system of support for maternal mental health through the Utah Department of Health at https://maternalmentalhealth.utah.gov
Who: YWCA Utah, alongside several community partners and legislators:
- Erin Jemison, Director of Public Policy – YWCA Utah
- Representative Jen Dailey-Provost
- Lynne Nilson, Director – Bureau of Maternal and Child Health, UDOH
- Amy-Rose White, Maternal Mental Health & Couples Psychotherapist – Founder of PSI Utah
- Dr. Bill Cosgrove – Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Kelsie Oliver – Mom & Survivor
- Representative from Lieutenant Governor’s Office (tentative)
Hard copies of the Governor’s Proclamation, which designated February as Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month, as well as other resources, will be available at the press conference for distribution.
When: Tuesday, February 25th at 12:00 PM
Where: Capitol Presentation Room, Utah State Capitol Building (350 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84103)
YWCA Utah advances the well-being of women in Utah through safety, opportunity, and advocacy. Since 1906 YWCA Utah has advanced the well-being of women in key dimensions of their lives through direct programming, education, and advocacy designed to encourage their aspirations, protect their rights, and meet their changing needs. The YWCA’s enduring belief has been that better lives for all women lead to stronger families and communities. Current direct programming focuses on violence against women, early childhood education, and women’s leadership development. Research, education, and advocacy and public policy efforts focus on developing the Utah Women’s Well-Being Initiative. For more information, visit ywcautah.org.