Reconnecting to our Abuelitas’ Medicine: Fostering Joy in Healing
WITH Yvette Gonzalez Coronado (she/her/ella), LCSW & Sonya Martinez-Ortiz (she/her/ella), LCSW
WEDNESDAY | november 3, 2021 | 6 PM-8 PM | VIA ZOOM
Free to all Womxn, Femmes, and Non-Binary Persons of Color
Join us as we explore self-care practices that foster joy in healing and are rooted in the traditional knowledge and wisdom of our grandmothers. Community members will engage in dialogue, written reflections, and mindfulness exercises to engage their own ancestral knowledge and wisdom. This is an invitation to prepare your individual spaces and create a collective healing experience and culturally-grounded experiential process centering folx of color.
Preparation & Supplies Needed for this Workshop:
- Set up your device in a private and comfortable location with space to move
- Have available a notepad and writing utensil
- Identify and bring an object, saying, song, plant or word that represents medicine that was passed down to you
- Identify and bring an object (i.e. plants, remedies, food, essential oils, instrument, vaporu, objects, symbols, etc.) that is a source of joy and light to you
Allies/Accomplices Please be Advised:
We appreciate your solidarity and indeed, hope for your support. We ask that you respect that meetings and our outings (unless otherwise noted) are only open to women of color. For the time being, please increase your own understanding and participation in justice and equity work and consider supporting our group financially. No amount is too small and we truly appreciate your support.
– The Color Collective Team