Donations are essential for keeping our organization in full operation. Your generosity can provide needed aid to the women and children we serve and help them to regain confidence and strength to move forward.
YWCA Utah Donation Hours
Please call 801-537-8604 before dropping off donations so we can coordinate help.
Donations are accepted Monday-Friday 9 AM-4 PM at the east door (with the access ramp) of the historic Peter M. and Paula Green Johnson building on the YWCA Utah campus at 322 East 300 South | Salt Lake City, UT 84111.
Outside of our hours, donations are also accepted at the Junior League of SLC, 526 East 300 South (accepting women’s professional clothing in good condition) and The Road Home, 210 South Rio Grande St. (455 West).
Please note that we are a small agency and do not have the staff to pick up donations. If you have unusual items or larger items to donate, please send a recent picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that we currently have limited storage on campus and can only accept items from the list below at this time. Thank you for calling 801-537-8604 prior to donating.*
- Twin and Full sheet sets (NEW only)
- Bath towel and bath mat sets (new only)
- Children’s bike helmets (new or like-new)
- Diapers – (sizes N, 5 & 6)
- Maternity shorts and skirts (summer only)
- We’re preparing for school in August! If you would like to host a back-to-school drive, please contact email@example.com
- Women’s, Teen’s & Children’s sandals and athletic shoes (new or like-new only)
- Children’s and Teen’s plain t-shirts (all sizes)
- Children’s and Teen’s jeans (especially boys)
- Women’s Bras (especially A cup sizes)
- Children’s underwear (all sizes, new only)
*Please note that we can only accept items that are clean and in good condition.*
- Maternity clothing
- Women’s professional clothing(all sizes, especially curve sizes, XXL-3X-4X-5X)
- Purses (new, like-new or good used)
- Shampoo & Conditioner (new only)
- Socks (all sizes, newborn through adult, NEW only)
- Pillows (NEW only)
- Reusable grocery tote bags
- Lice treatment kits (NEW only)
- Women’s, Teen’s & Children’s underwear (all sizes NEW only)
- Bras (all sizes, cup sizes A, B,C,D-DDD-F)
- Women’s athletic shoes (All sizes)
- Office Supplies
- Diapers & Wipes
- Baby Bottles & Baby Bottle Products (NEW only)
- Household goods (new or like-new, we are unable to accept items with broken pieces or in otherwise poor condition)
Unfortunately, there are some items that we are unable to accept. Thank you for your understanding. Restricted items include:
- Used mattresses, mattress toppers, sheets or blankets
- Used pillows
- Medical Equipment
- Large appliances or electronic items
- Items that are broken, missing parts or otherwise in poor condition
- Used toys or stuffed animals
- Toys of a violent nature
- Used undergarments or swimsuits
- Used car seats
Do you want to donate an item in need but don’t have anything at home? Check out our Amazon Wishlist!
Please make sure to complete a gift receipt with your contact information if you would like to receive a tax receipt for this donation. Thank you so much for your help!
If you have questions regarding in-kind donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.