Janitor / Floor Care Specialist
Excellent opportunity for a dependable, self-motivated janitor who is committed to improving the lives of women and children. Duties include but are not limited to routine cleaning of office space and common areas. 2 years janitorial experience is preferred. The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.
– General cleaning in residential common and public areas.
– Periodically Strip and Wax hard surface floors and carpet shampoo.
– Assist with apartment repairs and vacancy prep as needed
– Work directly with maintenance staff to ensure safety and security of the buildings.
– Create a safe and secure environment for program participants, staff and guests of the YWCA. Actively review work areas for security issues and notify appropriate staff of any issue that may be a safety concern.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
– Committed to eliminating racism and empowering women.
– High school diploma/GED.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
– Successfully pass a background check.
– Ability to work assigned hours on a regular basis.
– If driving on agency business, a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance are required.
– Ability to relate positively to people of diverse ages, ethnicity, socioeconomic levels, beliefs and lifestyles.
Reports to: Facilities Director
Hours: 40 hours/week, weekdays
Salary: $13.00 hour. (DOE) (Days Monday thru Friday some Saturdays) Health and dental insurance plus paid sick, vacation, holidays, and an excellent retirement plan
To Apply: Send resumes and cover letter to Human Resource: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.