The 2018 Midterm Elections
The 2018 midterm elections held many historic firsts – Congress will have more women of color serving at the same time than ever before, and nationally women made unprecedented wins! We congratulate all of this year’s winners, and applaud first-time candidates, voters, and organizers for getting involved.
YOUR VOICE. YOUR VOTE. YOUR FUTURE.
We believe that change happens at the local level. That’s why we’re working with 200+ YWCAs across 46 states to help build political power in our communities.
Want to help? Here’s how to start:
- Register to vote! Don’t forget if you had a name change or change of address you must update your registration.
- Get your friends and family registered. That friend who just isn’t into politics? Your cousin who just turned 18? Help them see the value in showing up to the polls.
- Lend your support locally. Whether it’s volunteering to plan or participate in a voter registration drive, helping with a candidates forum or with voter education events, or simply lifting up efforts through social media — we can each play a role in empowering our community.
- Host your own voter registration drive! Whether it’s at your school, place of worship, office, or a sporting event, it is quick and easy to set up and a great way to make registering easy for people in your community. Print out our signs and hand out pledge cards and get going!
- SHOW UP ON ELECTION DAY AND VOTE.
Find more information about tracking your ballot and see your specific voter information at vote.utah.gov.
WANT A YOUR VOICE. YOUR VOTE. YOUR FUTURE. YWCA T-SHIRT?