Work Here – Employment Opportunities at YWCA Utah
YWCA Utah provides a positive work environment with benefits, holiday pay, and a team of staff you can be proud to work with.
We have successfully completed, as of February 2020, the multiyear process to become certified in the Sanctuary Model, a research-based approach for creating a trauma-informed organization. The Sanctuary Model requires that all staff members be trained in the theories of trauma and the long-term effects of adversity; become fluent in a shared language emphasizing personal safety and care; and employ a toolkit of practical skills for managing and withstanding the pressures of working in a crisis-laden environment. In integrating Sanctuary Model principles and practices, YWCA Utah aims to not only provide a more supportive environment for those we serve, but also address the issues of personal and vicarious trauma experienced by YWCA staff members.
Our staff is creative, collaborative, smart, dedicated and inspired as we seek to build a world where all girls and women are empowered to safely reach their full potential. If you’re passionate about eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, apply for a position today!
Benefits of Working at YWCA Utah
- Mission-focused work filled with meaning and purpose
- Being part of a dedicated, diverse, compassionate and hard-working team
- Vacation, sick and bereavement time available to all employees (differ depending on hours worked/week)
- Health and dental insurance contributions for eligible employees, partners and dependents
- 11 paid holidays
- 6-weeks paid parental leave for staff employed for 12 months
- Beautiful campus and physical space in which to work
- Current retirement contribution of up to 10.5% of gross annual salary when eligible
- Professional development in the form of internal and external training opportunities
- Convenient downtown location with good transportation, shops, and other amenities nearby that includes free parking
- Discounted, on-site, community early education for young children (limited availability)
- 18% discount on monthly plans for Verizon Customers
- IHC Employee Assistance Program – free counseling to employees, partners and dependents
- Health and dental insurance for eligible employees, partners and dependents
- Supplemental life, disability, and specialized health insurance
- Flex spending pre-taxed savings account for medical and child care costs
- Additional post-tax personal contribution to your retirement
- Discounted meals and snacks
Request for Proposals: Strategic Planning Consulting
YWCA Utah seeks proposals from consultants experienced in strategic planning and knowledgeable about Utah, nonprofits, and diversity- and equity-centered practices to work with the Board of Directors and the YWCA staff on a new, three-year strategic plan. Click here to learn more.
YWCA Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workplace.
We participate in E-Verify and have forms available in English or Spanish.